I’m not really sure how this recipe could have been any easier. The most difficult part was scrubbing the stubborn dirt off of the lily bulbs. Lily bulbs, you ask? Yes. While we plant them in the west, they plant and eat them here. In fact, my town is full of lilies in the spring, so we have plenty of bulbs to go around. They have a (shocker) very earthy taste, but they are fine with some sugar.
Difficulty: 1/10 Taste: Not bad
The Recipe (3-4 servings)
- 1/2 small pumpkin, cubed
- 2 lily bulbs, petals separated
- 1 piece of rock sugar, about the size of a clementine (or as you like it)
- Water (I filled my pot up halfway)
What to do:
- Boil the pumpkin for about a half hour (or until soft)
- Add petals and sugar
- Boil until sugar dissolves
- Remove from heat and serve
Tip: Add cinnamon if you want to spice it up a little!